Labyrinth Slot Canyon Tour
Prepare yourself to see the best Lake Powell has to offer on this incredible tour! This trip is a 3 in 1 tour! It starts off with a scenic motorboat ride up the massive Lake Powell channels showcasing canyon walls over 100ft tall. From there we take you first through a boat ride into Navajo Canyon, this is one of the largest and most beautiful canyons on the lake that is only accessible by boat. On this portion of the tour, you will see massive red rock cliffs and a stunning view of the lake as we wind through the astonishing Navajo Canyon. We promise you this canyon is like nothing you've ever seen before. From there we continue the boat ride further up the lake to Labyrinth Canyon. From there we will go through the entrance of Labyrinth Canyon and weave and wind until we reach our launch point. At that time, you’ll take a short kayak trip to a beach area, and this is where the real fun begins!
We start hiking to the Labyrinth Slot Canyon. This is the king of the slot canyons in Lake Powell and in our opinion even puts the famous Antelope Slot Canyon to shame. We’ll wind and walk through this amazing slot canyon with 100 foot walls and amazing scenery. You will never want to leave this canyon. It truly is a once in life experience that we would love to share with you! We do provide a pack lunch on this tour, snack and water and in the summer, months provide plenty of time for swimming. You are also shaded through most of this tour the motorboat is roofed, and the slot canyon is shaded throughout most of the day.
Price: $299 per person, no child pricing (13 and under not allowed) (prices do not include gratuity for tour guides)
Scheduled Meeting Times:
- 8:00am Arizona Time
- All times are stated as Arizona Time, which is the same as Pacific Time unless you are visiting from early November to mid March
Meeting Location: We’ll meet in the parking area at the Stateline auxiliary ramp on the docks. Direction will be provided in your confirmation email.
Expected Distance Paddled and Requirements:
- The Labyrinth Tour usually takes 7 hours to complete. Tours begin at 8:00am and typically ends around 3:00pm (Arizona time)
- The distance hiked roundtrip is typically 2 miles round trip (3.2km).
- There will be ample opportunities to rest and take photos.
- Those with severe knee, ankle, or hip problems are not recommended to go on this tour.
- The paddling is typically only 1-1.5 miles (1.6 - 2km), depending on the lake water level.
- This tour is suitable for those with moderate levels of physical fitness.
- This tour is not recommended for individuals with severe ankle, knee, or hip issues.
- It is required that participants have enough upper body strength to re-enter a capsized kayak with assistance from the tour guide, this is especially important in the spring when the water is cold.
- The typical time duration on the motorboat trip on average is 1.5 hours roundtrip.
- All experience levels from beginner to advanced will have a great time on our trips.
- Double kayaks will be used on all trips
- Sit-on-top kayaks are used for this tour.
- Paddleboards are not permitted on this tour.
- Your feet will get wet, sandy, and possibly muddy on this tour. There is some muck at the end of the canyon where you get out of the kayaks. Wear shoes or sport sandals you can get wet.
- From June-October, tours include time for a swim.
- There are simple bathroom facilities at the parking lot. Dry Bags available for rent upon availability.
- Tour includes all kayak equipment and dry bags to store valuables.
- Are you a solo paddler? You may join an existing tour!
- There are no restrooms on the lake however your guide does have sanitary bags for you to use in case restroom emergencies while on tour.
- All vehicles entering the Glen Canyon are subject to a $30 entrance fee. National Park Annual Passes are accepted. Please visit the National Park Service’s website for more information.
Make reservations Online or give us a Call 928-660-0778.
©2021 Kayak Powell - All Rights Reserved